Do you have a child that has ADHD in Van Nuys? ADHD stands for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. It’s a condition that affects many people in VanNuys,
Experts have had a difficult time determining the exact cause of ADHD, but one common factor that the majority of studies have found is an imbalance of nervous system function. These imbalances in the nervous system cause an equally concerning imbalance of chemicals in the brain, contributing to
Click here for a number of great ADHD articles and studies.
ADHD IN VAN NUYS
Many parents have questions about whether their child is suffering from ADHD or not. The symptoms associated with ADHD are a direct result of nervous system dysfunction. Below is a list of the more common symptoms of ADHD that have been observed here at Dr. K Chiropractic Center:
- An inability to concentrate or stay in one place for long periods of time
- Acting impulsively with an inability to wait their turn, allow others to speak, and think before acting out
- Showing an inability to sit for long periods of time
- Always fidgeting, whether with their hands or feet
- An inability to remain quiet for long periods of time
- Preoccupied with other activities and noises instead of the task at hand
- Tendency to talk more than others around them
- Commonly loses things and cannot complete assigned tasks
- Is unorganized and daydreams frequently
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I SUSPECT ADHD?
As with most suspected health conditions, it is always best to start with the most conservative approach first. The following have been shown to have positive effects on a number of
- Try to eliminate foods with excessive artificial coloring, additives, or preservatives
- If a food allergy is suspect, remove it from the diet. Gluten is one of the most overlooked food allergens on the market today.
- Keep it natural. Organic foods are the most suitable foods to compliment our bodies digestive system.
- Sugars and especially artificial sweeteners are more than just bad for your teeth. Try to limit their intake as much as possible.
- Search for natural detergents, cleaning supplies, and other household chemicals. This not only is good for your
health,but also the environment.
As Michael Polland (a
TRADITIONAL TREATMENTS FOR ADHD
So what are the traditional treatments for ADHD? Unfortunately, as with many modern day health conditions, the most common treatment approach to ADHD has been through medication. Specifically, Class 2 psychotropic drugs have been used to ease the symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Some of the common names of these drugs that you may be more familiar with are Ritalin and Adderall. It may be difficult to believe, but these drugs just mentioned that are commonly prescribed to our children are in the same class of drugs
- Irregular and
fast pacedheart beats
- Loss of consciousness or passing out
- Development of fever or skin blisters
- Increased aggression or visual disturbances
- Abnormally high blood pressure
- ….. and many more
CONSERVATIVE ALTERNATIVE TREATMENTS FOR ADHD
Due to the failures of many drugs to address the underlying cause of ADHD and the multitude of negative side effects of the drugs, many people have begun to search for alternative treatments for ADHD. Since ADHD is primarily thought to be caused by abnormal function of the nervous system, our doctors at VanNuys Chiropractic Center in Van Nuys can provide you with a solution. Through a careful and comprehensive evaluation of your child’s spine, we will be able to identify certain vertebrae that may be out of alignment and contributing to the nervous system interference. With low force, non-invasive and carefully applied adjustments our pediatric chiropractors can assist the body in re-positioning the vertebrae and begin to restore normality to the nervous system.
We also find that nutrition plays a very big role in this problem. The majority of children today are living on a diet of close to 100% carbohydrates. Making dietary changes for children that have been diagnosed with ADHD can make a huge difference in their ability to focus.
Contact Dr. K Chiropractic Center in Van Nuys today if you suspect someone you know is suffering from ADHD and is seeking an affordable and non-invasive treatment solution.
9:00am - 1:00pm
3:00pm - 7:00pm
9:00am - 1:00pm
3:00pm - 7:00pm
9:00am - 12:00pm
1:00pm - 5:00pm
Dr. K Chiropractic Center
7100 Hayvenhurst Avenue Suite 109A
Van Nuys, CA 91406
SPECIAL OFFER FOR NEW PATIENTS